Thursday, July 19, 2012

And one month later . . .

the beast arises!


The first project from Meg Swanson's Knitting Camp 1 2012 - a child sized Swirl Yoke Sweater.  Knitting Camp was fun, educational, entertaining and lots and lots of knitting. 

The most amazing thing about camp no one prepares you for is - the whole meeting room is lined with tables filled with Elizabeth Zimmerman's and Meg Swanson's (and other knitters' and authors') actual Finished Knitted Objects.

Amazing Fair Isle projects! Cable vests!


My, oh my! 

A Pelerine!

Shawls!
It was all so amazing. Careful campers were even able to try on items as well and that made even the simplest projects sing. Some garter stitch project that looked heavy and dated in a black and white book photo just looked amazing when actually worn. 

I very much recommend attending!

My second in-camp project - my Embossed Tam - well, it has already been frogged. Right now, it looks like this AGAIN.



I loved it but I'd chosen too small needles and it wasn't going to fit anyone I knew. So, I treated it as a swatch and ripped it all out, found new needles and, now, it is going to be a Ravellenic Games project. 

Since we last met, I've also all-but-for-the-sewing-up finished my Bea The Basement Monster. This is from Rebecca Danger's The Big Book of Knitted Monsters and if that name isn't enough to make you want to buy the book, the patterns are lovely.


Right now, it looks like I ran over Bea but stuffing her is today's project.

Both the Spiral Yoke Sweater and the Knitted Monster are going to be donated to the Minnesota Knitter' Guild's Service Committee's item drives.

There has been time for fun since June as well.


Middle Daughter, MD's friend and I all did last weekend's The Color Run. A crazy, silly race - with a twist.



This is how you look at the end! 

See you soon - don't forget to sign up for Ravelry's Ravellenic Games!






No comments: