Monday, October 02, 2006

Cool, man, cool - just "Knit Out" and "Knit on"!


Although I'll be out town with my Monday Night Book Club ("Books so good, we're takin' them on the road!" is our motto), my local knitting guild, the Minnesota Knitters Guild will be hosting the 3rd annual Twin Cities Knit-Out from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. on Sunday, October 8th at Brookdale Center.

It may seem nerdy to embrace a "celebration of knitting" but for a knitter, it's Fiber Nirvana. What's not to like about knitting lessons, a fastest knitter contest, hourly fashion shows, knitting experts, charity knitting opportunities and displays of the latest yarns, patterns and tools?

Instead of chanting "Purl, purl, purl" with the devotees of Elizabeth Zimmerman, I'll be with my book group, road-tripping to Wisconsin. Hopefully, we will stop at Northwind Book and Fiber in Spooner, Wisconsin, for a double dip of what's fun - yarn and books. Their mystery selection looked really interesting.

Don't worry, Heidi and Marti, I'll try to keep my chanting to a low hum. And I'll use the words of Saint Elizabeth herself, "Knit on, knit on, knit on . . ."

No comments: