Thursday, October 05, 2006

Inching my way through Soctoberfest




I cast on Dear Husband's ribbed crew socks with size 3 double point needles and Regia sock yarn on Monday night but didn't get anywhere until Tuesday. Then I got the 3 and 1/2 inches of ribbing - the amount called for before changing to one size smaller

needles. So, now I'm on size 2 needles and I'm up to 7 inches. At 8 and 1/2 inches, I'm going to start the heel.

I've been using a ribbed sock pattern from The knitter's handy book of patterns by Ann Budd for this sock but I think I'm going to use a German Heel from Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitting without Tears. The color way is okay - black, red, grey and burgandy - but HE picked it out a couple of summers ago. So it goes. I am still planning a pair of Retro Cable socks for myself - perhaps out of two stray skeins of Koigu that I have. I am also tempted by all the fabulous sock yarn discussed in Lime and Violet. Hmm. What to do, what to do.

No comments: