Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Done - finally!


Long, long ago I started a lovely pattern called Turn of the Glass by Kathleen Dames from Knitty.com

I made my first purchase of Madeline Tosh DK to make it something special. I loved learning the seed stitch edging and working the cabled ribbing. 



 I even knit the sleeves 2-at-a-time in order to keep them identical. Then, well, life got in the way. I took a break of about five months. Starting up again,  I powered through adding in the sleeves and working up to the top of the sleeves. 


Then, Christmas and all its attendant knitting meant another break. 

I ended up bringing the sweater to the Minnesota Knitters' Guild retreat in March and used the combined knitting expertise to work the cap sleeves and short rows for the back and collar. Everything but the grafting of the underarms waited for a certain day . . .

Today was that day.



Love it! It's blocking upstairs right now - just in time for Yarnover on Saturday.



No comments: