Sunday, January 15, 2017

Repeat projects - bring them on!

Sometimes, it takes more than one try to get a project completed.


I'm currently in a knitting swap. Actually, late for a knitting swap! I started this hat before Christmas on a ski trip. Ski, ski - no knitting.

Following the trip, my family came down with the flu - 1, 2, 3. So, not much knitting then. Then, some happier pre-Christmas evenings with drinks and knitting. 

The end result was a very short hat (not pictured!)

So I knit it again with worsted weight yarn.


Not too bad in this photo - but the original was still too short. Well, guess what? I'd missed one 16 row repeat on both hats!

So I tripped both hats back and re-knit them both. Then, I looked at the pattern photo. Hmm - still not right . . . 

 

What I had been reading as three purl repeats turned out to be a three stitch Cluster Stitch. (I'd  make a rude joke here but my mom might read it!)

So, if the knitting doesn't work out, try, try, try again. This swap package is going out on Tuesday with three variations on the same hat and my apologies.

No comments: