Monday, February 13, 2006

A last minute change in the Olympic line up

Just like the U.S. figure skating team, Michelle out and Emily in, I've had a quick change in my Olympic plans. Last week, I was planning on using a scarlet mohair for my shawl. However, everyone I've read on the subject of mohair wrote that frogging it was a real pain.

So, I practiced my pattern with Rowen Felted Tweed (color "herb" - green flecked with blue) and I fell in love with it. I had purchased the yarn for a shawl class at Stitches Midwest and it worked well but I never progressed beyond the mini shawl we made in the class. I'm liking it so far. Luckily I have enough for a shawl but not a sweater.

So in with the green, out with the red. My only problem once the Olympics began is that my parents are visiting and the cleaning and cooking and entertaining is cutting into my knitting time. Hmm, say goodbye to sleep.

I got this today in an email - enjoy and may the best teams win!

All the world competes
to bring home Olympic gold.
Let the Games begin!

No comments: