Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Gone shop hopping


Last Thursday I convinced my husband and children that they really wanted to visit Squirrel Hill in Pittsburgh in order to visit the one Pgh. yarn store I haven't been to. Knit One just opened last fall and my last visit into Pgh. was during the summer. Instead, I visited Pittsburgh Bead and Yarn store which is now closed.

Despite the fact that my favorite Western PA. yarn store, the Otter Creek Store in Mercer, was closed for vacation, my visit to Knit One was a great substitute. The staff was very helpful and the background conversations were a hoot. I seriously restrained myself and only bought some great Twisted Sisters alpaca sock yarn called Avarice. Oldest daughter came along and we had some fun with the Yarn Good Enough to Eat.

Afterwards we visited the world-renowned Pittsburgh tourist attraction, Giant Eagle!

No comments: