Wednesday, July 05, 2006

One down, one to go?



I successfully finished the Minneman Triathlon on Saturday, July 1 with a total time of 1:37:32! The whole race was held up because of rain and thunder but after a 45 minute delay - everything cleared up. By the time I was biking, it was a gorgeous day!

I finished 275 of about 450 people and 14 out of 22 in my age group. The swim was a little frantic because of all the flailing arms at the beginning so it wasn't my best time but it was okay at 11:05 minutes. My Transistion 1 was 5:03 - much better than I anticipated - and the bike ride was a lovely 46:10. I was actually passing people and loving the rolling hills. When I finally learn to take turns better and not worry about going downhill fast (the whole point, really, of bike racing) - this is going to be my favorite part!

The run - enh, not that good but not too bad, either. 32:24 minutes. Three minutes slower than my best time but then, I'd never biked and swum before a 5k before, either!

The whole site was hectic but exciting. Here's a shot of the transistion site before the race to give you an idea of what's going on.



If I can find an another sprint tri with an open spot this summer, I'll be there in a heartbeat! Of course, the "One to go", however, is Andy's blue sweater. I am into the complicated Lt/Rt ribbing with tiny cables right now and ruing the day I picked it. I can't believe I am saying things like "I can't wait to get to the body work of cables - they'll be so easy!" Inching onward and upward, that's my motto right now!

No comments: