Sunday, June 22, 2008

Knitting without tears



The Minnesota Knitters' Guild is participating in Project Little Lambs, making baby afghans (28 by 32 inches) in machine-washable materials for clients of Cornerstone, an organization that works with victims of domestic abuse. Their goal is to provide 200 afghans this year to the children they serve.

I actually have only ever made one baby blanket so I am looking forward to this project. Mr. Daisy and I made a car run (in his British sports car!) out to Michael's Crafts in order to find some washable yarn and I came up with Lion Brand's Jiffy in Apple Green. I am making the Lydia's Lacy Blocks from the Knit along with Debbie Macomber series. I've had this book for some time - I think I bought it at a Knit Out - but I've never made anything from it. So far, not much produced but it is pretty simple.



The Rosebud hat went to its new owner this week at a baby shower for lovely little Aria Rose. Unfortunately, the matching booties did not. When I went to sew them up - one bootee was a different size than the other! This is why you shouldn't leave your knitting projects in the wild. So, I'll knit up bootee #2 again and then mail them on. Here's a poor shot of bootee #1 - a lonely little footsie!



My Saturday Seven was pretty simple - just sorting out some tired old jeans and tee shirts. The duffel bag is from when my children were young and always needed sports bags. We've got plenty - I am sure someone else can use this more than our family.

I've almost finished Go with the Flow sock #1 - I was totally unable to take a flattering photo - so that will have to wait for another day,

(For some reason, last night's fleeting storms kept me from posting. So, today's blog is simply a bigger and better version!)

No comments: