Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Yarn - forward!

This past weekend was not only relaxing - it was rewarding.

I acquired two lots of unusual yarn and bought one lot for only $1! And I won a book!


I've used this Persia Color in another colorway before - it knits up beautifully next to a plain color wool. And - it was the $1 yarn!


I just love the sparkle and fluff.


This was two skeins of an old but free yarn called Laine Dor - it might even be Laine D'or but the label is done is a spiffy 1970s font and I can't read it. It's mohair and I'm using it on my trip to Pennsylvania to make a simple little shawl from the free patterns on the  Mary Maxim site. Plane knitting in all senses of the word!

I also got this skein of yarn in my goody bag.


It's a lovely blue color and it seems destined for mittens or a hat.

As a door prize, I also won this fun book.


One of my table mates offered me "a lot of yarn" for it but I think the patterns are well worth the keeping.  

Although I'd love to be working on my Turning Glass cardigan, I need to knit a baby sweater for a little baby girl at my church. And I need to knit it before she grows even more! So I'm pulling out some stash yarn

Jamieson's Soft Shetland in granny smith colorway


 to knit a Rosemary's Little Sweater. Simple and quick (or so I'm hoping.)

And I'll be traveling with all this knitting so - you probably won't getting another post until about Monday. Enjoy the snow!




No comments: