Thursday, June 15, 2006

If Annie can do, why can't I?


Okay, knitting here at Chez Daisy are going a little slow. The Big Blue Sweater (I feel like there should be a Muppet 'specially designed to wear this) is done. I will post pictures. Aaah. So good to be done. The Little Green Sock (there also could be a Muppet wearing this - he would be the BBS' buddy and shenanigans would occur) is getting kind of dull. Not enough cables to be truly interesting and not enough plain work to go quickly.

So, following in the steps of Annie Modesitt, I am posting a picture of my cute knitting related mugs. That's right. Coffee Mugs. I know, she's a tea person but we are CAFFEINE ADDICTS. Tea good, Coffee better! So, the mugs - they are lovely - I got one at Yarnover 2006 here in Saint Paul and the other at Shepherd's Harvest 2006. The one with the spindle is my Oldest Daughter's mug - she uses a drop spindle - and the ball of yarn mug is mine. As far as I know, the artist, Jennie Lanners, doesn't have a website yet. She appears to travel throughout western Wisconsin and Minnesota.

On the triathalon front - I had my first outdoor swim of the year with the Minnesota Triathlon Club at Lake Lavon in Burnsville last Tuesday. Lots of weeds and people in skimpy clothing but - I was so glad to see lots of healthy sized people and I was a pretty good open water person. I'm thinking of doing an open water swim in two weeks so that makes me feel much more reassured. Some day I will have a picture of me wearing my trishorts and top but not today!

No comments: