Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Not a lake.


I had hoped to show you a photo of lovely Lake Harriet in Minneapolis along with a photo of a beaming Ellen and friends emerging victoriously from their race.

Unfortunately, once we arrived at 9 a.m., we found out that race day registrations had closed at about 7 a.m. So, after a little standing around in the light rain, Terry, Pat and I went home. The next day, a friend who did register in time told us that there were openings at the last minute because of no-shows, but alas, by then, I was at home, cleaning.

So, instead of a lake photo, I give you a glimpse of my one real score of the day - 15 on-sale balls of Rowan Yorkshire Tweed dk yarn in Cheer. Oldest daughter decided to knit a shawl andk, in the course of her yarn store visit, I found out that Yorkshire Tweed has been discontinued. So I decided to horde what I could. This is bad. This is not a behavior that your want to model for your children. So I asked Kate to turn around and not tell Dad.

While I am committed to finishing Andy's sweater on time (when that time is, I haven't really said!), I have been sorting through all my yarn catalogues and knitting magazines looking for a more modern type of cardigan with a knitting gauge of 5 stitches to the inch. Recommendations for patterns gratefully accepted.

No comments: