Saturday, July 12, 2008

Beautiful weekends are no place for Saturday Sevens



So, we'll start with last week's photo. Seven books - some old book club choices, some gifts and some inappropriate and/or double copies that were donated to my church's library. Sometimes I have to weed out "bad" choices and I just can't do that in front of the donor. But I don't need the extra books littering up my house, either. These will go to the AAUW book sale.



This week's Saturday Seven - seven little boy shirts. He's moving from size 5 to 6 and the old shirts are just too short. Off to Baby Karl.



We had a trip to the library today and Youngest Child just couldn't keep his eyes off one of his books. I requested two books after hearing about them on Earthchicknits' blog. I'll be relaxing on the front porch this weekend while reading The Creative Family: How to Encourage Imagination and Nurture Family Connections by Amanda Blake Soule. This is full of crafts and activities and I am so looking forward to making a few.

The second book I picked up was Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson. Youngest Child needs a new bedspread and I'm looking at some of her designs. Lots of pondering ahead!

I am almost finished with the Lydia's Lacy Blocks baby blanket - I took it out onto the porch today to work on but the books were more attractive . . . maybe photos for that project by Tuesday.

No comments: