Friday, February 05, 2010

Snow and swimming

I've been trying to up my swimming - moving from 2-3 days a week to almost every day - but I've discovered a key problem. In order to get to the warm pool, I have to walk through the cold snow.  I generally like snow (I even went skiing this afternoon!) but I am getting a little tired of it all. There - I said it. I want no more snow. I want birds singing, I want bike riding and I want open windows. Sigh.

In the meantime, I finally pulled the plug on the Way Not Taken scarf. With 500 yards of Kitty Sock Yarn in the skein from Unplanned Peacock Studio, I could easily have made it twice as long but since it was already measuring 72 inches long, I decided to bind off. It's currently blocking up on Oldest Daughter's bed.


Scarf blocking
Originally uploaded by humbledaisy
Good thing she's off at college and not planning to sleep in that bed!

1 comment:

GoBigGreen said...

I used to like walking to the Y in the cold, bc the pool was so hot that i liked the refreshment. Now that the pool water is a normal temp i agree with you:)
We need some green grass and birds singing. And while i am at it....we need outdoor pools:)