Monday, March 15, 2010

Putting out my hand and touching - chicken *

I like cooking. I like chicken.  I like to eat chicken I have cooked.

I don't like to touch chicken. Frozen, prepared chicken, that is. I can handle most other varieties. Live chickens are especially nice as well.

Today is a busy day where everyone comes home early and then leaves to go other places. So I decided to make this:


Crock pot cream cheese chicken from Stephanie over at A Year of Slow Cooking. That's her picture, by the way. Mine is still cooking.

It's a great recipe - easy to make and tasty. Not too colorful, though. Alas, we can't have everything.

Anyway, you plop all the seasonings and soup (mine is from scratch!) in there on top of your frozen chicken. I was trying a new brand of chicken (good for you, local, etc.) but the packaging was incredible!

 Lots and lots of touching the chicken to get the package open and completely removed. Ugh, ugh, ugh.
I may have to go shower now.

* I was trying to spoof the famous poem "High Flight" by John Gillespie Magee, Jr. It may not have worked. You can read all about that poem over here.

No comments: