Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Freezing cold but we're still here!

Oh, I'm still here alright! Still knitting - although on another pair of mittens by now - and still waiting out winter.


Although I meant to make the Ruth's Mittens from Norwegian Handknits: Heirloom Designs from Vesterheim Museum but I seem to have mislaid my copy of the book. This is driving me crazy! So I switched back to my old standby - Family Mittens from Homespun and Handknit.

Since then, I've started a pair of Quo Vadis mittens from Spillyjane Knits. I'm trying to knit multicolor mittens to match a scarf I wear with my new black puffy winter coat. I need more color to get through this winter!

This week's Saturday Seven was pretty simple - cleaning out a few cupboard brought out mugs, sweaters and a puzzle. Bye, bye clutter!


More outdoor hockey this week - here's hoping our sore throats all go away!


Let's go Gold!




2 comments:

twinsetellen said...

Ah, you are inspiring me to do the Saturday Seven. And to knit some excellent mittens, like yours.

Lorraine said...

Hey, I have that book & love it. If you don't find it, you can borrow mine. Oh, and a plant exchange would be cool. Wish I'd seen what you ordered earlier. So Awesome!