Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mystery solved!

As part of the Tour de Fleece, I picked up a bag of "mystery rolags" to work on from out of my stash.

(You must admit that not knowing what kind of fleece or when, exactly, you turned it into rolags is a sign that I should be spinning more!)

After working on it for a while, I decided to run the rolags through my carder (the rolags were pretty flat by now) and, lo and behold, when I pulled out the carder, I found a large bag of shetland fleece.

Three flat batts of Shetland

Possibly the first fleece that Mr. Daisy ever bought me at Shepherd's Harvest Sheep and Wool Festival!

The "un-rolaged" bag is 10 ounces and the (now carded and spun up a bit) bag of rolags is 4 ounces.

Here's the former rolags carded up into batts.

So, I've pretty much got the rest of the Tour de Fleece laid out before me. Shetland fleece, good to go!

I was going to call this post "Why you shouldn't knit at the movies."

The knife is strictly for effect!
I started this on the ride home from Mount Rushmore but then, I finished it at the movies. 

Unfortunately, when I got home, I discovered that I had made a mistake. A big one so, time to frog it back. 

No comments: