Monday, November 14, 2005

Yet another knitting blog - Minnesota Style!

Lazy knitters don't move fast - and after nearly a year of reading (and listening to - Thanks, KNITCAST!) many excellent yarn blogs, I've finally built up enough momentum to start writing what I've thinking about. And that's knitting. What's on the needles, what I wish I was working on and what I've learned in the process. Probably that there aren't enough hours in the day to accomplish all that I want - and still get a nap.

Minnesota might just be heaven for knitters. Ample yarn stores, great local knitters and (mostly) beautiful weather make for relaxing knitting. It's the other things that keep my projects creeping along. Husband and family, an active church life, as well as a growing exercise regimen (mostly swimming but also running and cross country skiing) plus reading and spinning are too distracting. Must Say "Time to sit down!" more often.

Right now, I'm racing against time to knit a Babies & Bears Sweater from Cottage Creations in soft Cashsoft DK for a friend who is about to have a baby any day now. I test knitted this sweater for another friend's baby just a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it very much although - in traditional Lazy Knitter fashion - it took from from July to October to finish it!

I am not a slow knitter, just an overscheduled one. I keep finding the next project - and starting it. Interfering with completionn of Baby Sweater #1 were one shawl, a pair of beaded mittens, cabled socks and a beautiful shawl from Kristmen's Design Studio called "Glorianna." Only half have been completed but that's why I need a nap. I'll be posting photos as soon as I get my camera up and running again. Thanks for stopping by -

No comments: