Saturday, October 20, 2007

Photos to follow - so they say!


I'd have love to post something yesterday but No Photos make for a Dull Post. And it's not even my fault! I generally have very few problems with Blogger but yesterday's "unable to post" message drove me away from my computer.

Luckily, the sun came out yesterday for a few hours and it brought back the autumn that we know and love here in Minnesota. Unfortunately, today was the day we went to the pumpkin patch but - it was fun anyway.

Knitting-wise, I'm chugging away on my Lupine Lace socks - that means I ripped it out and started again - but I am enjoying the pattern right now. I just don't think I am a natural sock knitter. Now, Guinifer over at Halfway Down the Stairs, she's got the sock mojo. Visit her if you want to see something get done right!

I also need to buckle down and finish the "Back to School" vest. Unfortunately, after doing the right side of the vest, the instructions just say, "Reverse the directions and finish the left side." I hate that! It really slows me down. Designers, stop that silliness! You have a whole book to chart the stuff out!




My Middle Daughter had her class play this week so our schedule was really crazy. She was Hippolyta, the Amazon Queen, in "A Midsummer Night's Dream." I have a hard time imagining "Miss Hair and Nails" as an amazon, but, it is the theatre! Unfortunately, she is looking a bit peevish in this photo ("Peevish in Pink"- the sequal to "Pretty in Pink!") but my photo ops were very limited. It was a well done performance - give a bunch a teenaged boys the chance to goof off in the "rude mechanicals" scenes and they always run with the ball!




The Saturday Seven is always easy when Youngest Child is growing. Jammies, sweat pants, shorts and tee shirts - off to Baby Karl.

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

I don't know about the sock thing. My first pair left me swearing I'd never do socks again. But once I found my favorite pattern and nailed the heel shaping, they became addictive. Well, until now, that is.

What a fun show to do! Bet she had a blast as well.

Guinifer said...

It was an odd weather weekend wasn't it? Puck and I went to pick apples and the orchard was closed because they were out of apples! Does Middle Daughter have a new nickname now? We would so be goin' to town on that one.

I have to agree with Lorraine on socks, once you get the rythm, it's hard to stop.

Mama Turtle said...

Awww I just Love that pumpkin picture! Soo Cute!