Wednesday, October 31, 2007

It's all about the bones . . . and some real Halloween scares



The Youngest Child was determined to be a skeleton this year so I put my cutting and glueing skills to the test making him a suit of bones. Luckily, it was chilly out so I just layered him up under a black sweat suit. He had a great time walking around with the older kids and saying, "Trick or Treat!"

Unfortunately, Middle Daughter and two friends (one boy and one girl) were on their way to the local hyper-decorated Trick or Treat house when they ran into a group of middle school bullies who decided to make a grab for their backpack. We had heard from other trick-or-treating parents that there were some kids taking candy from the little ones but the girls had never seen that aspect of innercity living before. It wasn't quite a mugging but it wasn't quite "kids being kids" either. They all had some bumps and were pretty shook up. It was a pretty scary Halloween for them.

3 comments:

Guinifer said...

Well, that just stinks - glad the girls are ok though.

Lorraine said...

What a shame! I hope the psychological wounds heal as well.

At least you should be consoled by the thumping the Penguins gave the Wild. That Crosby is a scary good player! When he made that breakaway for the last goal - I was shaking in my boots!

BTW, I still like you, even if you're not a Wild fan.

Knittymama said...

Oh, poor kids!!! Whata downer I'm glad they're okay.

Your skeleton is adorable!