Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday night bites

After yapping about the delicious looking Mini Savory Cheesecakes over at Eat to Blog, I decided to use my afternoon to make some. It actually took very little time - mostly spent looking for the ingredients! - and we'll be having them on top of spinach salad alongside Mr. Daisy's home made pizza.



After whipping the cream cheese, you simply add in the other ingredients. Except the blue cheese! After I took this picture I had to fish out the blue cheese I crumbled up. It was North Country Blue from Wisconsin and I used a little more than the recipe called for - about 1/2 cup instead of 1/4 cup.



I did remember the bread crumb coating but I used Ian's Panko Bread Crumbs instead of making my own.



My oven seems to run a little low so my mini cakes cooked about five minutes longer than called for. They were still quite runny in the middle when they came out.




We each ate one of the "sad" looking ones right out the pan but we'll have plenty for salads to come. The red pepper is one of the last ones from our CSA and it was some sort of cross over between sweet and spicy - delicious with the blue cheese and a beer!

I think today's Friday Film should reflect food: Enjoy!

No comments: