Friday, October 09, 2009

Snow, anyone?

I wish I had something more interesting to show you - perhaps a shot of my Multnomah Shawl or some socks - but all I've got is a film with some real snow:



Some of the best short films are on YouTube as part of the British Film Institute's National Archive.

BFI says about this film:

Comprising train and track footage quickly shot just before a heavy winter's snowfall was melting, the award-winning classic that emerged from the cutting-room compresses British Rail's dedication to blizzard-battling into a thrilling eight-minute montage cut to music. Tough-as-boots workers struggling to keep the line clear are counterpointed with passengers' buffet-car comforts.

1 comment:

Knittymama said...

Very timely! Have you looked outside yet this morning? I've got about an inch of snow in my backyard!