Sunday, January 31, 2010

Long, cold Saturday

Yesterday, Mr. Daisy and Youngest Child went to Polar Camp with their Cub Scout pack. They left at 7 a.m. and came back about 5 p.m. Since I got up to usher them out into their long, cold Saturday - I had plenty of time to get all the cleaning done by noon, drive two daughters about the Twin Cities, hit up a yarn store and pick up a knitting book over at the Textile Center.

Come 5 p.m., however, we mostly just wanted to settle down in a warm clump on the couch and watch reruns of "Dirty Jobs." Hence the Sunday Seven.


 

But, first, I'd like to show you the two lovely yarns I picked up for my next weaving project. I'm making (another) variegated yarn scarf and this time I'm  using Ella Rae Classic Superwash and Louisa Harding Liberty Boucle. Both lovely soft blue colors - very soothing.

Knitwise, I'm still alternating between the endless brown scarf and my Ruth Shawl. I can tell you definitely that I don't like working "big to little." I don't feel like I'm moving along at all! I also pick up the Classic Socks every so often but I haven't worked on them so long that they are going to make my Ravelry Olympics list!

For those of you not in the know, Ravelry is the social networking site for knitters/crochet lovers. We list all our projects there and every four things, during the Olympics, have our own version called the Ravelry Olympics. Things like WIP wrangling (finishing up works-in-progress) or Sockput (making a pair of socks.) Silly, silly, silly - but very challenging. I'm on Team Minnesota and on Team Tardis. I guess it's like having dual citizenship . . .

Yesterday's Saturday Seven? 

Four pairs of boy pants, two shirts and an apple slicer. The world's worst apple slicer. Since GFMelissa gave me a new one a few years ago, this one has languished in the utensil drawer. Off to St. John the Evangelist's big sale where it will find a home with a less discriminating apple eater.

No comments: