Wednesday, May 12, 2010

There was a dance, some wool, a little rain and now, a sore throat.

Saturday night was Spring Formal night at Youngest Daughter's school and I rushed back from Shepherd's Harvest with some last minute straps for the strapless gown. And a little sweater because it was so cold!



I couldn't get them to merely hook on so I sewed them on - maybe too tight! YD said they eventually broke at the sew-on point - luckily, no big "Boing" moment for YD. Her dress had great boning and she still wore a strapless bra underneath the whole thing. Without the sweater, it looked very like John Sargent's "Madame X."

Sunday - well, that was quite a different story. Lovely weather, cheerful sheep and goats and some great Kettle Korn.


And a goofy boy!

He was quite taken by the folk music - if it's got a  beat, he's on it!



I picked up a sweaters worth of Briar Rose's Abundance yarn in a vibrant orangey-red color. I'm think a Mr. GreenJeans.

And, just in case you thought I was slacking off -


A raincoat and six teeshirts. What good is a rain coat if it fits absolutely no one?






No comments: