Saturday, May 01, 2010

Time out for a quick recipe

Okay, so someone wanted to know what was in my version of Oriental Pizza.

Ta, da!

Oriental Pizza from Chez Daisy



2 Tbsp. lite soy sauce
1 Tbsp. orange marmalade
1 Tbsp. honey
1/8 tsp ground ginger
2 chicken breasts - skinless and cooked. Chopped.
(Enough homemade Pizza dough for two 8-slice pizzas) * recipe below
1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese - (4 ounce)
6 x green onions sliced
3 x mushrooms sliced
2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese


Mix first first 4 ingredients together in a bowl. Stir in cooked, shredded chicken (great for leftovers!); cover and refrigerate while making up crust and shredding cheese - about 15 minutes.

Drain chicken and discard marinade.

Place each pizza crust on an oiled baking sheet; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Top with chicken, the sliced green onions and mushrooms and Parmesan cheese.

Bake at 450 degrees for 8 to 10 min.

This recipe yields 6 - 8 servings per pizza crust.

Home made Pizza Dough

I've set this up in the order I use for my bread machine.

1 cup water
1 tsp. salt
2 T. olive oil
1 T. honey
3 C. flour
1 packet quick rise yeast

I assemble this in my bread machine and use it on the quick dough recipe.
Before I had a machine, I made it in my mixer with a bread hook. Only that way, you have to proof or partially rise the yeast in the warm water. Either way, it makes a lovely, crisp pizza dough.

 I also use it for calzones, bread sticks, home make pretzels, etc. Very versatile! You can use molasses and whole wheat flour for a heartier taste as well.


As for this Saturday Seven - tee shirts, sweatshirts and a blouse. Good to go!









No comments: