Saturday, August 28, 2010

A busy, busy day - oops, week

The week started out with a triathlon - a lovely day and I saw a lot of friends there - 



Then a trip to a tea room with my daughter and her friend and her friend's mom. A lot of laughing - especially when they discovered that the flower garnish was edible. 

Thursday was opening day at the State Fair and we were there from breakfast on. For some reason, the weaving and spinning displays are always displayed really well. 

Most of the knitting is displayed in very cramped quarters. For example, these two items were very cute - but they needed a little space between the two.


This is probably one of the least fattening items at the fair!



And I dare you to find a fair that has both a President Obama quilt and a Spam rocket - next to each other.

I spent some of my time this week plying this cute pink (Merino, I think) yarn. I'm also onto the first sleeve of my Mr. Greenjeans cardigan.

This week's Saturday Seven - two sweaters, two tee shirts, a cardigan, a hoodie sweatshirt and a skirt. Thank goodness Middle Daughter cleaned out her closet.

1 comment:

Tonyia said...

I'm envious of your triathloning! That is SO COOL! Go, girl, GO!