Saturday, October 23, 2010

Grumble, grumble, grumble

You know that commercial where the "older" woman is asking, "Where are my keys?" Mine would go, "Where is my button?" Last Sunday I bought a lovely handmade button to complete my Mr. Greenjeans sweater - and promptly lost it!

For one whole week, I've been putting off my blog posting because I wanted to finish the sweater. On Monday, I made a skirt. Should I blog? No, I'll wait for that sweater to be finished. By Wednesday, I've begun turning the heel on the Hedgerow Socks. Should I blog? No, I'll wait for that sweater. Today, I've been harvesting indigo and getting ready to dye yarn (Remember that lovely Bellingen yarn I won in the Vestuary contest?) - well, heck. I still can't find that button!

So - here it goes.

Skirt -

Crappy photo but a cute skirt from Sew What Skirts. I love this book - it's very simple sewing but fun.


This one is called East meets West - I used a imported Japanese cotton for the main body and an all-american calico for the bottom portion.


Hedgerow Socks - 

I forgot to take a photo but I got a complement on them at the Minnesota Knitters' Guild meeting!

Dyeing -

Stripping indigo leaves takes much, much longer than you would think. Tomorrow, I'm doing the actual dyeing using the instructions from here.


Sweater -

Finished but waiting for a button. Grumble, grumble, grumble . . . 


Saturday Seven?


Three pairs of shorts, a pair of pajamas, man's denim shirt, a rug and a pair of hockey skates. And they are already out of there but its very hard to make rooms for skates in my laundry room. Grumble.

1 comment:

Guinifer said...

You are crackin' me up today!