Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mmm, yummy.


I'm so glad I went to all the trouble of cooking up some fresh indigo to get . . . 


beige yarn.

Yep, a very non-blue shade of tan.


There was a little tinge of blue on my fresh yarn but it never got any bluer than that. It's nice tan yarn but it is not blue. So far, I'm zero for three on my natural dyeing experiments. 


One thing I've been working on lately is my pair of Hedgerow Socks (but done 2-at-a-time style.) I am getting very tight on my remaining yarn - this is why I should have waited for GFMelissa to return my Toe Up 2-at-a-time book! - so I may have to step out for a ball of similar sock yarn to use on the toes of the socks.

I've mostly been working late at night when I can indulge in some low-brow sci-fi entertainment - watching Battlestar Galactica! How did I let this series get by me? And it's perfect to knit to . . . lots of action and no subtitles.


No comments: