Saturday, April 28, 2007

Let the games begin!

Today is the kind of day when your interests collide. I'll have to put together a bullet point list in order to cover all my bases.

- Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap: A trivia question for 5 House Points.

"There is nothing worse than death, Dumbledore!" "You are quite wrong. Indeed, your failure to understand that there are things much worse than death has always been your greatest weakness." Who are the two people in this conversations?

Albus Dumbledore and Lord Voldemort speaking in "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix", chapter 36. Points, anyone?

- Triathlon Training: I bought a wetsuit! Not so bad as I imagined but it is so nice here that I can't wait to swim outside. I know, it's like 58 degrees water temperature but people swim the English Channel without wetsuits when it's 60 degrees. No photos will ever be published of me in my wetsuit.



- Bike Riding: I am taking a clinic today to learn how to change a flat bike tire. It's amazing how nervous you feel when you are learning a new skill. I keep saying to myself, "You are a college graduate, you can knit sweaters, you can swim a lake, this will be no problem!" but it doesn't really make me feel better.

-Baby Sweaters: Finished! I thought I had to sew on the buttons but since I knit it a la Elizabeth Zimmerman (buttonholes on both sides of the sweater!), I can just mail it on to my friend. No baby yet so I am actually ahead!



-Sock Knitting: Last night when I was actually at the movies (a "so bad it's good" Vikings vs. Native Americans saga called "Pathfinder"), I started the foot portion of my sock. I had my pattern book open with a little "Owl Lite" clipped to my shirt and since there were about 4 other people at the film, it wasn't distracting at all. Until I dropped a stitch. That was distracting. No pictures yet but it's early yet! I can't wait to get through and start working on my Evelyn Clark socks. Must. Resist. Temptation. Finish. Socks.

-Saturday Seven: No real rhyme or reason but I have filled up my giveaway box. I keep a box in my laundry room where I put donations. That has been a real help. Usually, when I'm folding laundry, I realize that something is outgrown or not being used and I just put the clean item aside right there and then. (This week: two cookie tins, a weight lifting belt (not mine!), a curtain, a bag of women's clothing from the Dear Daughters, a bag of Youngest Child's outgrown clothes and a copy of "The Friday Night Knitting Club." This last book goes to a knitting friend but everything else goes to charity. Bye Bye!

1 comment:

Guinifer said...

That would be my modus operandi as well. It gets full about once a month and I call the Vets, or Lupus or anyone else who'll come by to pick it up.