Saturday, May 31, 2008

What a week . . .

I have been in such a pickle, since I saw you last . . .

- The Tempest, Act 5.



After all the fence painting, chair finishing, mulch spreading, graduation party attending and tornado avoiding* I've done today, I was disappointed to find that I had far fewer photos to show for my week's work than I thought. I've been spending my evenings working on spinning last year's Shepherd's Harvest special treat - some Riverwinds Farm combed cormo roving - so that I can get to this year's lovely fleece.

At first, it was so damp from all the rain that the roving was just too limp and clingy to spin smoothly. Then, when I finally got a dry day, I was just spinning until the cows came home. That was the night I watched "Persuasion," "Mansfield Park," and part two of "Jane Eyre." Well, the rest is still on the wheel but I am hoping to get it finished by tomorrow night. I love the softness of cormo roving but it is very weather-dependent!

Outside of my spinning, I've been working on my own pair of "Go with the flow" socks.



Youngest Child is moving into his grown up bedroom furniture so it was finally time to get rid of the changing table. A friend picked it up today for his little girl.



The rest of the Saturday Seven was a crocodile lego box, two toddler bed sheets, some baby spit up pads (what were those still doing here?), a sweater vest and some swim trunks. Time to keep clearing out! Graduation countdown commences.

*The graduation party was in Lino Lakes, right where today's tornado was heading through. Luckily, it was just a warning and everything there is fine.

1 comment:

Guinifer said...

Cute changing table.

Still not spinning here.

My pile for the Vets is growing and growing, and they are finally coming on Thursday.