Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Cooler than usual

Okay, maybe I'm referring to the weather. This week's items are pretty neat - not at all knitting related - and thrifty. I've collected a few low-cost Cool Wednesday items in an effort to stretch your dollars.

So, I've heard that "beer is an affordable luxury." Sales of craft or small brewery beers are up something like 6% in the last year.

If you are looking for a something special to sip, I'd recommend you include Farm Girl Beer in your Fourth of July celebrations. It's from the Lift Bridge Brewery in Stillwater, MN and Farm Girl Saison is a golden, Belgian-influenced ale. Very easy to drink and it's local too! You'll feel so green!

Another cool option for your holiday dollars - charity. Yes, I'd recommend donating to Portion for Orphans. I only know what they've done in the past - please, conduct your own due diligence! - but their work raising money for Hope Foster Home in China is a really good thing.

And if you are really cutting back this holiday, I'd recommend watching That Dean Girl's venture into Knitting Humor.

No comments: