Saturday, March 15, 2008

Spring again and my mind must be elsewhere!



I just had to show off this really cute sock yarn - and I'd love to tell you where I got it . But I can't. Yep, at some time in the past month I have bought beautiful sock yarn and forgotten all about it. It might have been at Borealis Yarns in Saint Paul. Or Knit'n from the Heart in Woodbury. Or Three Kittens in Lilydale. Sock yarn amnesia hasn't struck me before but I can see how it might become an intervention kind of situation! It's Great Adirondack Silky Sock in Nightshade. It's a a 70% Merino Superwash Wool/20% Silk/10% Nylon yarn with 360 yards per skein. In the meantime, I'll have to make some special plans for this yarn. Maybe a Baby Surprise jacket . . . maybe some socks for me . . .



The Saturday Seven for this week consists of a mixed bag. Two too-small turtlenecks from Youngest Child, a pair of gloves which he claims feel "sandy" and four old pairs of eyeglasses. The glasses are going on to the Third World Eye Care Society in Canada. There are actually many groups that do this kind of collecting but I've heard about this group before and they do great work. Look them up and give it a go!

No comments: