Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back from the void . . .

Well, between rolling up to the finish of the Rav Olympics, trips to the fair and taking Oldest Daughter to college, I am officially exhausted.



I finally finished the Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise jacket - and I don't know what I would have done without Meg Swanson's video. It was not hard - just really easy to make mistakes if you are knitting before bedtime. I was fighting one lost stitch the whole time - and found it in the middle of the left front right when I was sewing up. No way was I going back! Luckily, a little duplicate stitch straightened everything out! Just a reminder, this was made out of Happy Sock yarn and I used two skeins (really one and 7/8 of another) with a size four bamboo needle. I think the perfect yarn for this is really hand spun - I was originally inspired by a jacket in the October 2007 Spin Off. The next one will be hand spun for me!




The Supermen in my life! Saturday was a perfect day for the Minnesota State Fair. Rides, great food and the Creative Activities building, the Holy Grail of knitting. I didn't enter anything this year but I saw some old favorites . . .



Shelly Kang's "The Blankie" popped up once again. That is one big piece of knitting - she put many hours of sweat and skill into that!



I also stopped by the Minnesota Sheep and Wool producers booth for my annual shop fest. We had so much fun at the Fair as a family that Mr. Daisy and I went back sans children on Monday. That's when I really got to browse!



And, since my other daughters are also in school, I decided to clean some rooms. One bedroom per day is about all the cleaning I think I can handle - a pair of boots, a ball cap, a hair clip, two pairs of jeans, a pair of shorts and one, far-overdue-to-be-removed night light.

Now, back into a relapse of simple knitting. I started a red bag aeons ago and now it's time to get it done. This could have been a WIP Wrestling event from the Rav Olympics but the to-ing and fro-ing on the Baby Surprise Jacket killed this event. Ah well, it could be a Christmas present!

1 comment:

Guinifer said...

Now I wish I'd gone to the Fair!!!!!!

Ah, well, I'll just have to remind myself how much money I saved....