Friday, August 01, 2008

Home from the hunt!

Well, the family trip to Pennsylvania is finally over - lots of miles covered, relatives visited, weddings completed and a trip to the Mercer County Race Park. Oh, and two lovely yarn shops!



My husband used the search feature on his phone and found Cornerstone Yarns in Richfield, Ohio. Their brand new website helped me find it and the owner kindly sold me some beautifully dyed spinning fiber and some Opal sock yarn. I'll write this one down on the road atlas. A friend of mine lists all the Dairy Queens along her route so at least my stops are calorie free.



We had a quick stop in Western Pennsylvania to tour Grove City College, where Youngest Child made a friend.

Other stops included races at the Mercer Raceway Park to see our favorite car - 711.

While in Grove City, I stopped by Wolf Creek Yarns (website-less right now!) where I scored a copy of the Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket with Meg Swanson DVD as well as some lovely Pagewood Farms Yukon sock yarn. I've already started a baby surprise jacket and watched the video!



I also used all that travel time to finish my "Simple yet effective shawl" for the Wrapped in Care project. But I'll still have plenty of work to do on the Baby Surprise jacket and my old friend, the blue Go With the Flow socks as well as finishing up Youngest Child's patchwork quilt and training for my last Tri of the summer. August already, who would have thunk it?

No comments: