Friday, November 14, 2008

The REAL Friday posting - and an anniversary

Well, a long, long time ago (but NOT in a galaxy far, far away!), I decided to put together a knitting blog.

Someone very famous once wrote, "It is but a small thing but it is mine own." And this is! It's been a lot of fun to put up all kinds of knitting related stuff - from drivel to Diogenes - and just have me to answer to it. Can you tell I've been on the phone and emailing about an event that four sets of people are trying to plan? It is driving me nuts!

So, look past the silliness and "Happy 3rd Blogiversary to me!"

Today, I did get a chance to stop by the Weavers Guild of Minnesota's 34th Annual Fiber Fair. They have absolutely great stuff - I always buy some Christmas stuff there - and it was hard not to stock up on gifts for me.

Stop by Today (November 14: 12 pm to 9 pm) and the rest of the weekend:

November 15: 10 am to 5 pm
November 16: 12 pm to 4 pm

Choose from an assortment of handmade items such as scarves, bags, rugs, table linens, hand spun yarn and much, much more.
And what is very good - all proceeds from the Fiber Fair support local artists and the Weavers Guild.

Here's a little peek at the takings:



That's fleece and fiber on the left and woven goodies on the right.

And for me - I'll try and add another photo tonight - I am up to the ear flap of the re-knitted Winter Warmer. Who says Crochet is easy? Hmm, Miss GFM? It's even been in my dreams lately.

Last and not least: The Friday Film. In honor of Minnesota - check out:

1 comment:

Guinifer said...

Thanks for the homework help - and Happy Blogiversary to you!