Saturday, January 31, 2009

I blame it on the wine

Okay, so there wasn't any Friday post yesterday. I was a little overwhelmed getting ready for having guests for dinner and after the cleaning and cooking and then, the wine, I didn't get anything Internet related done at all. It was a lovely evening - fire in the fireplace, home made pasta for dinner, interesting conversations and a little too much wine. Well, at least I slept well.



On the knitting front, I picked up DH Andy's Gentleman Socks again and put in about an inch. I took them to the Minnesota Opera with me again - maybe these will turn into three Opera socks. There were no gasps from my neighboring seats this time.

I've also been chugging away on the sleeve of my February Lady Sweater - I think my small circular needle is just a scosh too big for the sleeve diameter.

By the way, anyone know the origin of the word scosh?

It means "a little bit" (or, if you believe the Urban Dictionary, "to hook up with a female") and I've heard it came into usage after the Korean War when veterans used a Japanese word which means a similar thing. I don't know if that's really true but . . . inquiring minds want to know!



Today's Saturday Seven turned up when I was de-cluttering. A basket that came with a plant in it when Youngest Child was born (he's five), a men's medium jacket that Oldest Daughter bought on vacation one year when she was caught without a jacket. Um, we girls have these things called "hips" and this will never fit anyone here again. A Bible Study guide from a study at my church some time ago - well, someone might want it at a rummage sale! - and an expandable file folder that doesn't fit in any of my file drawers. The pants and two shirts are from Youngest Child. He's outgrown them and my fall-back child - Baby Karl - doesn't need anymore clothes right now. So, off to the charity clothing box. Perfectly good stuff - just not for me.

Well, off to excercise a little bit and then, errands. After that, There Will Be Knitting
.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How nice to find your blog! Your comment gave me quite a giggle.