Friday, February 13, 2009

Blown away by Dorothy



This week I've been working on a Dorothy costume for Youngest Daughter's dance at school. As of now, the shoes have been spray painted red and are drying in the garage, the socks have been dyed blue and are drying downstairs and the dress is sewn. Why so stressed? I am going out of town in about an hour. Some of the adults are staying, some are going and nothing is packed. Augh. Also, YD gave me her cold so all I want to do is take a nap. So much for the winter sports!




I have been trying a new knitting option for me - knitting in bed before sleep. It's slow but at least I've been getting a row or two in before the cold medicine kicks in. Some one asked me if I'd recommend this vest pattern - well, so far, it's just fine. I'll let you know when I get to the neckline! I am glad I repurposed the yarn, however.

Also, on the yarn front, I've been stalking Sundara Yarn. Yet, every time I hit the site - all sold out. Bummer.

Friday Films courtesy of the Garden Girl - she rocks!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Loved the video! Gotta get my spinning wheel back out. Are you working Shepherd's Harvest again this year?

Hope you feel better real soon. These bugs this year have been brutal!

Guinifer said...

Wow - great job on the Dorothy costume! I am impressed.