Sunday, August 30, 2009

Back again



I'd like to put up a funny caption like, "Hey, who grabbed my hand?!" but Middle Daughter is actually settling into her new life at college. Here she is obviously very excited about getting some mail!



I ended up grabbing Mr. Daisy's Brown River Grass Gansey Sweater (a long hibernating aran sweater) as my traveling project and ended up adding about four inches. I think I will get to the new pattern portion in about two rounds of pattern. Then, upward and onward to the shoulders!



I also brought along my Road Not Taken Scarf for carry along knitting when we were at the parent meetings for new freshman.



I tried and tried to set up my Saturday Seven posting yesterday when we were on the road but something just wasn't working. I took the picture before we left - three pairs of shoes, a tee-shirt, two pairs of socks and a travel bag made the cut.



When we were leaving my relatives' house in Pennsylvania, we paused outside the wood pile. Look carefully and you'll see - nine turkeys. My brother in law didn't seem that interested in hunting them. He said he'd rather shoot the ones that walk by his bedroom window early in the morning and make a lot of noise!

2 comments:

Ladybug Crossing said...

I think I recognize those mail boxes! Wow! What a blast from the past!

Glad you're home safe.
xo
LBC

Guinifer said...

That is a LOT of turkeys!

We are making a trip out west for MEA to visit some colleges - I am kind of excited.