Saturday, August 08, 2009

Saturday packing

Between getting Middle Daughter ready for college (19 days and counting!) and Youngest Boy ready for a new school (First Grade!), I've been doing lot of drawer weeding.



This week's grouping is a pair of twill pants, five tee shirts and a boy's polo shirt.

These weren't the only things going out into the world from my house today - remember this?





which I turned into these?

I had hopes of finishing these before Shepherd's Harvest back in May but I didn't get there in time. So, they have been kicking around the house since May. Oldest Daughter came over today and she needed a present for a friend so I pulled these out. I did need to re-do the edging on one mitt - it just didn't look quite right so I pulled it off and - poof, a present.

Now, back to knitting. I've pulled out



my Road Not Taken scarf made with Kitty Sock Yarn from Unplanned Peacock Studio.

I love the color of this yarn but I was having some needle issues. I ended up ripping it back to the first three rows and re-knit it with a bamboo needle. This seemed to solve my "slippery yarn" issues.

I'll snap a new photo in a day or two. I still like the yarn and the pattern - I just don't know what I'll do with a brown scarf!

1 comment:

The Happy Housewife said...

Nice scarf. I would love to learn how to knit. I am hoping to learn this year from a lady in our church.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Toni