Monday, August 17, 2009

A little night life



wrecks all my intentions to get things posted on Saturday. Here's that rascally Saturday Seven. Snowsuits, snow pants, rain coats and sweaters - out, out, out!

First, friends stopped by and we drank wine on the porch. Then, the movies. After that, we were invited over to some friends' house for dinner. Tonight - a birthday dinner! Tomorrow, knitters' guild.

Will the fun never cease?

I've been also dogged by Youngest Child's demand for a wizard hat.




I'm still working on it but Mr. Daisy did create a rather "rustic" wand out of a dowel rod. He says it's for "Harry of Appalachia."


I don't mind knitting it but I'd rather go see "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince." That's what we saw (again) on Saturday because "Julie & Julia" was sold out. I am also listening to "HP & the HBP" on audiobook and I've been fleshing out the movie story line for Mr. Daisy. He's never read any of the books - amazing.

Anyway, the "real" wands shown in the film are quite elaborate and require a lathe. Oddly enough, the one tool Mr. Daisy does not have down in the basement!

I've also been putting together a slide show about my dyeing experiments for our next Minnesota Knitters' Guild meeting (This tuesday, 7 p.m., Textile Center of Minnesota! Come one, come all!) which will be all about natural dyeing.

I think my own slideshow will be better but here's a quick Flickr viewing:




I'm a bit worried - I'm just a beginner! - but it should be fun. Just don't keep your mordanting solution on your porch. Oldest Daughter came home from college and said, "Oh, good - apple cider!"




She's never been a label reader . . .

2 comments:

Guinifer said...

I am still chuckling over Harry of Appalachia!

Debra said...

Oh, I think your results are absolutely beautiful!!! Love the poison drawing on the container. :)