Saturday, September 26, 2009

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!

I may not have a Marauder's Map like Harry Potter but I do have a new bit of knitting mischief.



I cast on for a Multnomah Shawl using my J. Knits super wash sock yarn - the stuff I bought at Miss Chickpea's Funky Fibers in Hudson, Ohio. I am on the back and forth (increasing on either side of five center stitches) right now but I'm really enjoying the soft, soft yarn and I am looking forward to the feather/fan section coming up. And it appears that I'm a follower (again!) - she just published this pattern but there are already 205 projects and it's in 1401 queues. Or is that 206?

The mischief is that I should be working on two other projects:

My brown sweater. I currently have a big problem to mull over. I actually started this project in "combination knitting" right after taking a class in combination knitting. Alas, when I picked it up - I started in regular knitting. Actually, it doesn't look much different but I'm not liking how the the cables look in the sections with the Combination Knitting. I'm just don't know. My fellow MKG board members suggested casting on again and knitting up a section in Regular Knitting and then comparing it to the part I've done already. I may - but it's just such a big number of stitches. Curse that Big Mr. Daisy! How dare he have such big shoulders!

My Gentleman's Socks. I love the pattern but I don't love the way the two-needle set up makes the heel. I may just rip back to the heel and stick the whole project back on double point needles.

(FYI - I am working on my Road Not Taken scarf. It's my Take A Long Project so it goes almost everywhere I go.)




Once again, my teens come to my rescue for Saturday Seven. I cleaned out Oldest Daughter's room last week and weeded out seven sports shirts and sweatshirts. Oddly enough, I now have plenty of room for my spinning wheel in her room . . .

One Final Reminder: Knit Out 2009!

The Minnesota Knitters Guild will be hosting the 6th annual Twin Cities Knit-Out on Sunday, October 4th at Southdale Center.

This celebration of knitting will take place from 12 – 4 p.m. in the Macy's Courtyard. There will be free knitting lessons, door prizes, hourly fashion shows, a fastest knitter contest, community service knitting projects, expert knitters to answer questions and local yarn shops displaying the latest in yarns, patterns and tools.

This is such a fun event! Bring your knitting group, bring your kids. After it's all over - you can go shopping! This is a new venue and we're trying to show them we are worth it!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

BOOHOO! I not only have a family birthday that day but have to go shadow at a swim meet to finish my certification for stroke and turn judge.

Maybe I can swing by on my way home from the meet??? I love the Knit Out!

Guinifer said...

If in doubt - dpn! I say!