Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A peak at my HSKS work in progress . . .

By the way - this week's qustion for points: Who are the two people speaking in this quote and what book is it from? 5 House Points are riding on it!

"I'm not trying to say what she did was sensible. I'm just trying to make you see how she was feeling at the time."

"You should write a book, translating mad things girls do so boys can understand them."

- Hermione and Ron, discussing Cho [ch.26 The Order of the Phoenix]

I think I need to skip ahead and re-read this one. I am really having to search for quotations from this book. I have a lot of tattered holes in my memory of TOofTP. I must have stayed up too late and dreamed I was actually reading it!


Well, onward and upward. Here's a peak inside my HSKS bag - I didn't get to sew it on Memorial Day weekend but I did cut it out. I spent much of today ferrying children around (Note to Self: Get those girls their Drivers' Liscenses!) but when I was at home, I was sewing.




There are two inside pockets - one dark green and one polkadotted - and one outside pocket. There are handles as well as backpack straps. I tried to make it roomy - and it is!

I am going to have to make myself one of these bags! They are cute!



This is an Amy Butler pattern called the Vintage Style Backpack Tote. Basically, grab a yard each of three or four contrasting yet complementary fabrics and you are set! I NEED to get it all in the mail tomorrow.

No comments: