Saturday, April 11, 2009

Pleased to meet you, Spring!

This morning, Oldest Daughter, Mr. Daisy and I went biking on the Cannon Falls Trail. It was chilly but lovely and a fine introduction to spring.





By the time we stopped to take this picture, we were giddy with laughter over Oldest Daughter's attempt to take our photo. She can take a computer apart and put it together again but this thing called "centering" took several tries.



Easter Week started with Hot Cross Buns for the household. The recipe from the newspaper was wretched - poorly written and lumpy. So I doctored it up and came up with an edible product. As a former reporter, I should have known how easily a line or two of a recipe can get cut from an article.



The party continued with egg dyeing - using food dye this year.




I loved the results - jewel tone eggs.



With all the Daughters home for Easter break, finding seven items to give away was too easy. A skirt, five tee shirts and a polo shirt were practically tossed at me. Spring fever must have infected the Saturday Seven as well.

I'm still on that second sleeve of the Child's Aran Sweater. I took it to the park this afternoon but even sitting in the sun, it was a little chilly to be knitting.

Happy Easter to you all!

He takes men out of time and makes them feel eternity.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

Guinifer said...

I have to laugh! All I had to do was tackle the winter clothes cubby and came up with hats, gloves/mittens and scarves in multiples to put out for the Vets - and then we sold the old refridgerator in our garage on Craig's List!