Thursday, March 15, 2007

My Secret Shame . . . or, The Closet of Secrets



Once upon a time, my husband had a home office in the spare bedroom. He moved his business out and into a real office building years ago but, somehow, never took out the file cabinets and miscellaneous office stuff. When I changed that room into my sewing/knitting/spinning area, I just put my plastic boxes and equipment on top. So, when I was rooting around in my stash last week for yarn to donate, I was unprepared for what I found. I really hadn't been in some of those boxes for most of a year.




Apparently, I have a little problem with Brown Sheep Yarn's Nature Spun. Yep, one whole box of it. In a wide variety of colors, too. It's not like I bought enought for a sweater and just forgot about it. Hmm. It's not an expensive yarn - just basic 100% wool, worsted weight, 5 stitches to the inch with size 7 needles.

Why, why, why? I can only imagine that I bought it two or three skeins at a time for baby sweaters or mittens. Something. But the colors are great! My favorite (must be - because I have the most of it) is "Nervous Green." And "Limestone." And "Grecian Olive." Amethyst, Sapphire, . . . the list goes on and on. I've got to use this up! Maybe something felted?

Oh, and by the way. Those other boxes and bags are full of yarn and spinning accessories, too. I just kept better track of them! And the box of sock yarn under the bed. And the basket behind my chair. And the bag in my room. So far, no one has asked any pesky questions . . .

2 comments:

Debra said...

Nervous Green is without a doubt their best colorway! ...I just moved yarn around tonight, you know, to 'consolidate' and make room for a few new items. It's embarassing. Non-knitters must think we're on the verge of mental illness, or something. (Although, it's always refreshing for other knitters to see your stash and then hear them say, "Is that all???"!!! :)

Ellen said...

I just think its a problem when you find yarn that you don't even remember buying and or stashing!