Tuesday, March 20, 2007

One sock, two sock, three socks more



Here's the first sock of the pair I'm working on right now. Once again, not too thrilled with how "fluffy" the yarn is but when I block it, I am expecting great things.

Tonight was the monthly Minnesota Knitting Guild meeting where we heard a great speaker about designing and dyeing your own self patterning sock yarn. I think I'll have to get farther into my stash before I start that but I am so looking forward to giving it a try! There have been some articles in Knitty.com and Spin Off magazine about dyeing that I will definitely use. The only dyeing project that I've ever had go bad was when I tried using avocado pits and peels. I first heard about it on Cast On with Brenda Dayne. She got some great color but then we know that Saint Brenda has the magic touch!

I'm still working on Sock #2 and eyeing some of my other WIP - the Interlocking Balloons Scarf from Scarf Style and the Violet's Pink Ribbon socks. Maybe even Andy's Big Brown Sweater? Nah, that's asking for too much!

No comments: