Thursday, March 29, 2007

So, who's going to see the Harlot?

I don't want this to seem like an advertisement but . . . who's going to see the Harlot?

I've been hearing about Toronto as a model city for knitters (even Cast On's Brenda Dayne dreams about it!) for years but it didn't seem likely that I'd be going there any time soon. Now Citizen Knitter Stephanie Pearl-McPhee is taking her show on the road, however, and I am going to see her!

I think the Yarn Harlot was possibly the first fiber blog that I ever read. She has always seemed so real and dedicated to knitting that she was one of my inspirations when I started my own blog. I am absolutely determined to get my own "Sock with Stephanie" photo for the blog.

According to a recent email from The Yarnery (my LYS), the Yarn Harlot, aka Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, is coming to the Yarnery Wednesday, April 4. She will talk at 7 pm at the William Mitchell College of Law auditorium, 875 Summit Ave., just a few blocks away from the Yarnery. The talk will be followed by a book signing at the store. Needless to say, there are a ton of good coffee shops and neat stores to hang out in before and after the talk. Lots of bars, too, but I find alcohol interferes with good knitting!

I know that I have my space and one for a friend but Twin Cities Knitters, be aware! Space is limited, so to reserve your spot by stopping by or calingl the shop during store hours at 651-222-5793. The Yarnery is open 10 am to 8 pm Monday through Thursday; 10 am to 6 pm Friday and Saturday; and noon to 5 on Sunday.

Also, according to the organizers, the event is free, but please consider bringing a donation of yarn, knitted stuff, or fiber arts supplies. They collect these items as part of their community knitting and crochet efforts.

GFM picked up a copy of Stephanie's new book for me already so I am ready to get signed. I've been putting off actually reading it because I want to prolong the fun - maybe tonight I'll crack the covers.

I'd love to finally meet some of the Twin Cities's knitbloggers - let me know if you're going to be there and we can compare Socks!

4 comments:

renee said...

I will be there. I think I'm going to skip the book signing part, but I couldn't feel left out of the biggest event in Minnesota knitting, so I'm going to go to the talk.

Ellen said...

If you want to really catch the fever, listen to the latest "It's a Purl, Man" - Guido sounds positively giddy as he recounts his visit to see the Pearl in NYC. I'd say he sounds a bit like the day after a party -still drunk! - but he's just silly from excitement and lack of sleep.

Criosa said...

I've got my spot! I even have a sock in progress to work on this time around! I still need to get the new book though.

I tried to get a coworker who I discovered knits to come with, but she got a reply back from the Yarnery saying that she's on the waitlist. cori (http://coriknits.blogspot.com/ ) also mentioned the waitlist in her post on it.

see ya there!

Lorraine said...

I am green with envy but it's on Wednesday - Awana night - and I can't go (sob). Have a great time!!!!