Thursday, September 18, 2008

Huzzah Hufflepuff!

I love the little House Quizzes from the HSKS 6 blog. It's a fun way to learn about my housemates' lives without having to read every one of their blog posts. Easy and fun - that's for me.

1. Do you knit and/or crochet? Yes - I just learned crochet this year.
2. How long have you been at your craft? I've been knitting for about twelve years and crocheting for just one.
3. Do you spin? If yes do you use drop spindle or wheel. Yes. I have spindles but I much prefer my Lendrum double treadle model.
4. What is your favorite color? Blue and green.
5. Do you have any other hobbies? Yes. I am a triathlete and open water swimmer. I also love reading and baking.
6. What are your favorite yarns/fibers? I have a small addiction to alpaca. Blue Faced Leicester or Cormo are also big favorites.
7. What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers? Cotton and Linen.
8. Are there any yarns that you’ve been eyeing and wanting to try? Spinning silk from hankies.
9. What are you currently working on? A pair of socks and sweater for my husband, a scarf and hat set for charity and I'm planning some holiday crafts.
10. What is your favorite Finished Object? (Pictures are welcome.) I love Evelyn A. Clark socks and shawls. I could spend all my time on her projects.



My first pair of Go with the Flow socks.



My Lupine Lace socks. These were actually just part of a display of socks from the Minnesota Knitters' Guild at the Textile Center of Minnesota. Luckily (or unfortunately), Middle Daughter had never worn them. She is so off my sock list!





A Flower Basket Shawl. I'm planning on making another in Sea Silk!

11. Are there any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn? I don't really know much crochet besides the basics. Also, I'm terrible at Intarsia.
12. What is you favorite type of book or movie? Mystery or action movie - mystery or suspense fiction.
13. Who is your favorite person at Hogwarts? Neville Longbottom
14. Favorite class and/or subject at Hogwarts? Herbology, Ancient Runes and Charms.
15. How many family members do you have? 6
16. What is your favorite Fall activity? Walking, Masters Swimming, pumpkin hunting.
17. How many projects do you have on your needles/hook? Four.
18. What is your favorite type of footwear? Simple shoes, Mizumo running shoes, clogs.
19. What is your favorite beverage of choice? Iced Tea or Diet Coke Zero.
20. What is your favorite park of Half-blood Prince? The Hogsmeade visit with Katie Bell.

No comments: